Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January Intentions




It happens every January...for LOTS of people...and I'm not exempt...it's the "I-need-to-get-in-shape-oh-my-goodness-spring-break-is-around-the-corner-and-I-don't-think-I-can-pour-myself-into-my-jeans-much-longer" routine.

It always sneaks up on me.  I'm not a huge nutrition guru, nor do I tend to get overly obsessed with exercise.  I'm thankful to the "genes" God gave me...(and the fact that my mother was a beauty queen) that "weight" isn't a terrible issue for me.  I know it's not like that for some...everyone has their "thing" that hangs over their head or weighs on them (no pun intended) In may case, I have quite a few "issues" but we're not going to get into that right now...although I will share this little picture that someone posted on facebook today because it made me laugh:


However, come January, I start to realize that if I don't start working a little bit, I'm going to have to purchase more clothes...and although that would be fun...the "going up a size" isn't what I call increasing my joy:)  The problem is, as I'm nearing age 40, is that all of a sudden the "excess" doesn't come off so quickly anymore...

Needless to say, I'm a bit miffed about this...It used to be that if I just "thought" about dieting and did a bit of exercise, and maybe cut out pepsi for a couple weeks, BAM...5 lbs!

Seeing as the way I exercise with p90x causes undue damage to my esophagus, I switched over to the lovely J. Michaels...(of which I mute because good grief girl!) I've been diligent in my workouts for over 2 weeks now...I've also cut back on all the sugar stuff and keep eating fiber and more whole grain 'goodness'...this translates into "tasteless snacks and spinach salad"

Ya know what I've accomplished?  I gained 2 lbs...now, how is that working to my benefit?  AND, my jeans fit tighter than than they did when I started...

It's not that you need to know all this, but I had a few moments on my hands and thought I'd just share...if anyone has any good suggestions to get rid of the overflow coming out the top of my pants, please give a holler...well, outside of spanx or a corset...I've already attempted hiking up the pants like Steve Urkel (remember him?)  and wearing longer shirts...it works until I sit down...

Anyhoo...hope you have a good Wednesday:)