Sunday, January 8, 2012

Randomness

1. I'm on antibiotics just for kicks and giggles...it's not really doing anything with regards to the lovely hacking that keeps me up for about 22 out of 24 hours in day.  I'm frustrated with this for 2 reasons...one being that I'm not getting much sleep which leaves me cranky...and my dear family likes to inform me of this fact over and over and over again throughout the day...the second reason is because I have just learned that a good way to lose weight is to get enough rest...this is not working for me right now...If there is going to be SICK in our house...I'd rather it be the type of sick where you lose your appetite...because really, if you have to rest and can't exercise NOR can you get enough sleep...the least you can do is NOT eat as much...THIS my friends is my dilemma.  I would like to interject that I have been to see 2 different doctors...neither of which were able to locate anything abnormal nor "infectious"...interesting...so, perhaps this lovely cracking, prepubescent teenager voice will be my new normal:(

2. My sister in law told me to watch Once Upon a Time on ABC...that I would like it...so, seeing as the only thing I ever really "watch" are blogs on the computer or the occassional How I Met Your Mother when I need a good laugh...so, I watched the pilot and then got hooked and watched the rest of them on hulu.  I can't say that I endorse the show, but neither am I able to pull my eyes away from it...it's got to be something about prince charmings and happily ever afters...and the fact that Snow White is the sweet aunt from Ramona & Beezus and she reminds me of Peanut with a little pixie hair cut.  It's basically a story about fairytale characters (ones about which I know LOTS coming from a household of princesses myself) that lose their memories and are transported to OUR world where they don't age, but basically go through life "empty" all because of the wicked stepmother queen...To be honest, they could have summed the whole series up in a good 2.5 hour movie...but they're dragging it on for this TV season/year...I'll let you know how I'm fairing come March.

3. I have also discovered the yumminess of Feta cheese (this again could be another reason why randomness #1 is causing me distress) Man, you mix that in with some orzo pasta, corn & peas...good grief, I just ate the whole bowl...bite after cough after bite:)

4. I can't decide on the plates the Italian Stallion bought me for Christmas.  I swore I would never go back to Pfaltzgraf and I have kept my word!  So now we're looking at these:
 
or these:
Fitz and Floyd-Fitz Home Dinnerware Collection
They are really VERY similar...duh, they're both white...but the bowls are a bit different and the plates have a little bit different feels...Not sure what is best...the top one is from Kohls from the Food Network Buttercream selection...the 2nd picture is from Great Indoors from the Fitz & Floyd Gourmet selection. Any input would be greatly appreciated...or you can just call me crazy and forget about it. I'm only getting new dinner plates, salad plates and the cereal bowls...I couldn't find a picture of JUST those things...

5. I read the book Hunger Games this week...in between scouring every Ceasar Millan book I could get on reserve from the library and try to learn to be a "dog mommy" before the possibility of spring. I don't really know how I feel about the book...some parts were written really well...other parts, I felt like could have been more developed and then other parts, I was so "in the moment" that I had to put the book down for a bit just to recoup.  Ceasar Millan, on the other hand, made me question my ability to be pack leader...and whether I have the gumption to take a dog on a walk twice a day for the rest of her life...UGH...

6. I now think I"m going to take pictures of the two different plate options side by side and post that soon...hmmm.

7. I'm still addicted to Pinterest...but it sometimes makes me feel lazy because, come ON...who has time to do all those crafty things???  I'm MUCH too busy eating because of my NO lack of appetite and requirement to REST...

See you again soon