Oh...how I love thee...
Yesterday, in my ADD and attempting multi-tasking tendencies, as I was trying to fix lunch, clean the kitchen, do a load of laundry, check facebook and talk on the phone...I ended up noticing that our dishwasher was disgusting...
Now, I'm going to spare you the details of the "gross-ness" of the situation...for one thing I don't need you thinking worse of me than you already do where it concerns my housekeeping abilities and secondly, it was just nasty...my beautiful, white, dual water shooting top and bottom rack, awesome dishwasher had changed color before my eyes...it was now a pale shade of orange with large "speckles" of black and guck...gorgeous!
So, I did what every mom does when her children are still not fed and she hasn't even taken her boots off from church or changed her clothes...I just grabbed the first spray bottle of 409 that I could find, found 3 different scrub brushes and climbed into the dishwasher head first and began to attack it with vengence.
Once the fumes hit me, I realized that perhaps all the scrubbing and multi-drains of the machine just wasn't going to cut it and I took a break...that, and the fact that my girls were complaining that they hadn't eaten since 2011 and I was starving them to death...
In this little reprieve, I "happened" to mention on facebook that I had been "working" on that dishwasher for awhile and didn't see much change...a couple people mentioned Dishwasher Magic...
Because I can't seem to keep on task if my life depended on it...I packed up the kiddos who were now in the middle of making forts outside and headed to the grocery store to find the stuff...
Long story short...found it, bought it, brought it home and used it...
Wala: clean dish washer!
And so...now I'm happy...and my dishes thank me...and once I figure out which set to keep, I'm sure they will enjoy their "baths" much more than if I hadn't "gotten off task" yesterday:)
Have a happy Monday!