Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Peanut and Basketball

Did I mention that Peanut has discovered Basketball?

Yes, well...she did...I'd like to say that she inherited her knowledge and desire from her mother...ahhh, all those years getting plowed over setting picks, running line drills until I nearly threw up beating the team down the court, learning to shoot 3 pointers because I'd get trampled if I even passed the free throw line I wanted to earn points for my team!

No really, I did enjoy basketball...and I played hard...I just wouldn't say I was "awesome" at it...and my favorite part was actually sitting on the bench eating the orange slices and hoping that the coach wouldn't put me in and make me guard the mammoth girls on the other team.  I loved practice though...when I finally figured out a lay-up or when I could swish a 3-pointer.  I think being a perfectionist made playing basketball a little bit harder for me...because I was never quite "perfect" at it:) 

however, Peanut, is more her daddy's personality...and therefore, she's out there for the pure joy of it...she loves scootin' her feet and dribblin' the ball...and if she double-dribbles...eh, no big deal...she's got black shoes with red trim...so she's feelin' Pretty Cool!


Unlike her mother who apparantly needed lots of hair product and cute bows in order to look "cool"