Friday, January 6, 2012

On some meds again...

sure hope I get to be on some meds again... (sung to the tune of On the Road again)

Before you completely discount and roll your eyes at my lack of humor...consider this:

Somehow I have contracted, yet again, some sort of "larengit-bronchit-cough varient-chest hurt-lose your voice so you sound like an 80 year old smoker, but a starbucks white chocolate mocha with a tad of cinnamon dolche makes it feeel a leeeeetle bit better-ITIS"

Don't know where I got it...girls are healthy...family was semi-stable in the health department over vacation...

who knows...I'm starting to wonder if my super "don't get sick powers" are wearing off...Dad always said it's a mind game and if you don't THINK you are sick, then you aren't...

However, I am starting to think that there might be some faulty reasoning in that conclusion:(

And so...there you have it...I do NOT feel like going to the doctor yet again for something that they'll deem, "well, you're sick and there's really nothing we can give you so just wait a couple weeks and come back if it doesn't go away" 

In other news...we "might" have found a breeder for a new pup come spring time.  Did I mention that we were looking into dogs?  I think we've settled on the Golden doodle or Labradoodle or some such DOODLE variety...

Mainly, because of a few things:  I don't want another purebred dog (just too many medical issues to deal with) I want a dog that has low to non-shedding tendencies (finding dog hair in diapers when Sweetpea was a baby was just a little too much for me, not to mention the constant vacuuming..and we all know my stellar housekeeping skills) However, we LOVE the Labrador/Golden retriever personality...that, "doy-dee-doy", happy go lucky, I want to follow you everywhere you go but if you throw a ball I'll go and get it and never stop loving you!" WaLa- DOODLE...

This breeder has been incredibly kind...she owns 8 dogs...the grandparents, parents and sibling dogs...We were supposed to get one of the pups borns last week, however, it was this dog's first litter and believe it or not, she only had 1 pup (it was already spoken for) And so, now we wait until spring...

In the meantime, I've stocked up on Ceasar Millan books and have begun reading them...cover to cover...hopefully by spring I'll be psyched up enough to think I could actually BE THE PACK LEADER!

I'm already looking forward to the weekend...basketball starts up for Peanut and I get to use my new lens to take some pictures of her in action:)  Hope you are healthy and settling in for the winter months ahead:)