Thursday, January 26, 2012

Late Nights

I use the nighttime (aka the time in which the children are in bed) to actually get work done...and by work I mean: 

*checking out the latest blogs
*keeping track on pinterest
*popping in to facebook
*periodically editing photos until I get bored
*click on my inbox to see if I got any new emails...like, every 5 minutes

I do this last one because normally, my "partner in crime" is wide awake at 0'dark thirty at night as well...(she's my friend Anne, the one I partner with for photography and I tell her wayyyy TMI sometimes, but she puts up with me, so it's all good)

This evening has been no different...

So whilst we're both editing away and then getting distracted with who knows what else...only to come back and try to edit some more...then end up sending a gazillion emails to Anne for no other reason than to chat with someone else who is awake...I came across someone's personality test...

Do you remember those?  I used to take them ALL THE TIME! I mean, I probably took one each week during my first year of college...(as if I was going to change?) but, I was REALLY into "figuring myself out"...anyway...

I took the Myers-Briggs one and the animal one and the numbers one and probably ones that had to do with Pepsi versus Coke or colors or the seasons or who knows what else...

Anyway, I came across the Myers-Briggs one again and discovered yet again where I tend to "fit" in this crazy world of mine:)  If you were to lock me down to a specific personality, it's probably an ENFP...you can link here to read what it says...but I'll translate for you so that you know how it works in my everyday life:

I'm into the BIG picture...the details sometimes get lost with me...so, if you were to meet up with me someday you might experience some exasperating situations such as these:

*I will interuppt you...continually...my mind is constantly making connections at a rate that surpasses good judgment as well as manners...and most of the time, you will consider me a tad flaky...this is because the connections that I am making are happening faster than where the conversation is actually going and therefore, I will loose you about 1/3 of the way into the conversation...

*I will talk...and talk a LOT!  I have the tendency to share way TMI at sometimes inopportune times (much to my husband's chagrin)  I will talk in circles and try to get myself to a conclusion...but really, you can't take what I say as EXACTLY what I think...because I probably won't get to a conclusion of the matter until about 3 days later..AFTER we have concluded our conversation and I think of everything that I SHOULD have said...at which point, you will have completely forgotten what we were talking about in the first place.  This tendency also leads to people just giving me things because they want me to just shut up:)  So, in certain situations, this "fault" can be a tad beneficial...especially at the Starbuck drive thru!

*I will hear about a concern or a heartbreak and I will FEEL deeply for you...I will cry and pray about it for days...I will think of all kinds of kind and comforting things to do for you...but because I will want to help you in the BEST way possible, it will push me to inaction because I can't do it PERFECTLY...and therefore, I will wallow in guilt, all the while still thinking and caring and having thoughtful ideas of ways to help...upon which they will never be acted.

*I will start many projects and rarely finish them...or I'll throw them together at the last minute because of my intense desire to check things off so I don't have to think about them anymore.

*My house will tend to be cluttered...I just don't notice things because it's so much more interesting  to dig around in my basement and come up with more cool ideas for projects that I'll never finish...so you can get used to seeing my couch used as a closet or the floor as a bookshelf:)

These are only a few of the many things that my darling husband has to put up with on a daily basis:)  As do my children...I know that there are many fun-loving things about ENFPs as well...but, they're not as fun to tease about:) 

So, if you happen to run into me one day...just try to survive your way through the encounter....put a smile on your face and know that "this too will pass"...I'll eventually need to take a breath at some point...at which you can insert a casual, "hey, it was great talking with you!" and be on your way:)