Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year...

a couple days late...and really no idea what we're celebrating...but I'm ALWAYS up for some party time...

And so...we headed out to none other than...

a Japanese steak house...

Okay...so we were a tad off on our celebratory origins...but, really...we're an Italian/Irish family...so we aren't going to be able to tell the difference between any type of Asian cuisine...but, lord have mercy, my girls tried shrimp...and THAT my friend, is a reason to celebrate!!!

I will make my "brag on my husband" time short in this post because I know that it will bug the you-know-what out of him that I even "mentioned" anything remotely related to his awesomeness:)  But, I also know that I am probably just a weeeee bit biased when it comes to husbandry-greatness...

So...

Let's just say that my hard-working, dedicated, inspiring, motivating, compassionate, goal-oriented manager husband...for the past 3 years has met or exceeded every quota/expectation/goal that has been put to him.  For a "non-reader", he reads books upon books on ways to improve as a manager, as a company...I know blah blah blah...the point is...he is GOOD at what he does...and he works stinkin' hard...day in and day out...whether he gets praise or whether he's taken for granted...whether it's a good day or a bad day...he never gives just 75%...it's all or nothing...

I just had to stick that little "my hubby is so awesome" in there...sorry...it'll make sense in a minute...

last week, they had an event/function at his office and awards were handed out, people were spoken highly of from the platform, sales persons were rewarded...one of the little "treasures" from the evening was a gift card...and in true form, my Italian Stallion thought it'd be fun to take the kids to a restaurant that none of us girls had ever been...

Enter:  Benihana


I'm not sure what the kids expected when we walked into this place, but they were enthralled...


From the Onion Train to trying their first bite of shrimp...to slurpin' down the fried noodles...they were having a ball!



And although I know that my little curly blonde girl will never really savor the tastes of oriental cuisine, she wore her hat with the rest of them and sipped on her Sierra Mist with GREAT pleasure!

And so with that, we wish you a Happy Chinese New Year and hope you are looking forward to the end of winter...already:)