Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On a Mission

I'm not sure if it's because I went to that nice little Christian College in Ohio where the President gave a speech EVERY spring about the destruction of the lovely plant...or maybe because I'm just perfectionistic at the weirdest times...or perhaps it's a way to vent out frustration??? I don't know, but I AM ON A MISSION...

to KILL THOSE DOGGONE DANDELIONS!!!

I had my Weed Be Gone out E.A.R.L.Y this morning...I was ready! I went around shootin' everything that had a speck of yellow...anything that looked remotely close to that flowering weed!!! My girls were sad...I tried to explain, "Honeys, this beautiful "flower" eats our grass...now do you want to run bare feet in a field of yellow or in a plush, green meadow?" M understood (she usually sides with me anyway:) Oh, but E, not so much..."I like the yellow Mom, I don't mind...why do you have to KILL them?"

I'll tell you why...because they annoy me! And inevitably, this summer, I will be walking barefoot through our yard and step on one, and there WILL be a bee sittin' pretty on top...nope, not gonna do it!

You better believe that it's WAR here at this house...ME vs. YELLOW! And I OWN the house, so I AM winning this battle!

My girls watched as their Momma went sprayin' all through our yard for about an hour this morning...this was the 3rd time in the past 4 days. They keep sproutin' up...but, I will not give in...

never mind that our neighbors have colonies of them in their yards...
never mind that the girls like to pick the bouquets for Mommy...
never mind that no matter how much I spray, they keep coming back...
never mind that when the "seeds" blow from the neighbors yards, I'll be doing this forever...

I know that it's probably a no-win situation here, but I have hope...it's only April, though...I wonder how I'll be feelin' come June...