http://news.aol.com/?feature=441061
The Morning After Pill is now OKed for minors...
I don't want to be a "downer" on such a beautiful day, but this is what I woke up to on my sunshine morning...The ball just keeps rolling...It's like we think God won't notice if we just slowly inch over toward the other side...Or maybe, we just don't care...My parents were worried about my interaction with peers because of language, drugs, alcohol, disrespect, etc...Now, we get to add this to the list...my 3 DAUGHTERS have THIS in their world now...they and their peers have this type of unsupervised access and no parental accountablity.
Lord, help me to parent my girls to be God-honoring, modest, respectful young ladies who have confidence to stand for what is right even when or if people around them are NOT. And Lord, heaven forbid they DO get caught up in this sin...give me grace and wisdom to pull them back on the right path!
I just had a conversation the other day with my 7 year old who didn't want to wear pants to soccer practice because "everyone else" might be wearing shorts (it was FREEZING outside)...What an incredible opportunity, at her level, to talk about confidence, decision making, knowing the TRUTH about WHO she is rather than what she wears or following the "trend"...
The entire article just throws me...this, right after the Miss America contest in which Miss California won't "support" gay marriage and gets BLASTED by every news channel and Mr. (can I even give him that title of respect?) Perez Hilton.
I'm just dumbfounded...are we that blind? Do we not see the downward spiral? Do we not see that what we have done and are continuing to do, is just making matters worse? My heart is breaking...I have to help my little girls wade through this sea of life...and the heartache that they will inevitably encounter is overwhelming...Lord, help me not only help them, but their peers and friends that will come over to "hang out" at our house after school...help our family/home be a beacon and haven for those that don't have direction!!!