I've had the same pair of GAP jeans since I turned 30 years old...I feel like that was a longgggggg time ago. I purchased one other pair shortly after that because...well, they were the first pair of NON mommy jeans that I ever owned and I actually liked them. Found a sale at Eddie Bauer and picked up another pair.
So here we are nearly 5 years later and I'm still wearing these 2 pairs of jeans...which now have big ole holes in the knees, the bottoms are scraping the floor all frayed...but, I don't have the gumption to spend the incredible amount of money on another pair...which is ridiculous because, let's face it...if expensive jeans (just 1-2 pair) last for 5 years and I wear them practically every day, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL? I don't know...yo no se!..it's my crazy brain, that's the problem...
I finally bit the bullet and headed to GAP with those wonderful little 30% off dealies! Now, I must interrupt here because you have to understand that I don't really get out all that much...it's not like I can't, it's just that I get too caught up in stuff at home and by the time I think I could get out, it's just too late...All this to say, when I DO get out...man, watch out...I'll talk your ear off and ask anyone and everyone their opinion about just anything!!!
So, I get to GAP and start tryin' on the jeans...I go for my usual size in this Long and Lean style they have going...never tried it before, they fit fairly well, a little long, but I'm told that they shrink. I have about 3 employees "helping" me at this point...everyone has an opinion and one decides that I need to try on a size smaller..."You've GOT to be kidding me sir!" Do you not realize that I am a mother of 3 small children...my body would never squeeze into that size, even if you slicked me down with butter...I'm telling you...
But no...I think this worker must not get asked his opinion all that much because at this point he began to give me the run down on how GAP jeans are "created"...oh let me tell you...I got the whole scoop on 1-2% spandex, the softest factor of denim in comparison to the "wash"...I also got the explanation for discrepencies in sizes due to the cutting machine and the angle at which is cuts the denim fabric...blah blah blah...holy cow...all this to get me into another size...
So I humored the man and tried the other pair...low and behold i actually got into them...miracle wonder of wonders...He swears that they will stretch out the more i wear them...at this point, they were closing in about 5 minutes...I had to make a choice...he had been so nice, so I got the pair and left the store...but not without informing the cash register girl that no matter what that man said, I swear they have made the sizes roomier...aka 2 is the new 4, 4 is the new 6, 6 is the new 8, etc etc...Either way, it makes me happy to "think" I may have changed sizes...but, I know the truth, because all my other clothes of the "other"size still fit quite snuggly! regardless, fun shopping on my day out on the town!