Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just a Saturday

I love Saturdays. I love waking up in the morning knowing that Anthony is going to be home all day. I love that my girls don't have any school work to accomplish. I love that we get to eat waffles with peanut butter and lots of syrup. I love that we wear our pjs until nearly noon on most Saturdays. I love that everyone feels like taking a deep breath and we just ARE for the day.

This morning was a little bit different in that my hubby and I planned a "breakfast date" and we shipped the kiddos off on the in laws while we scooted off to Panera for THE BEST BREAKFAST SANDWICH EVER! and a Starbucks of course. Twelve dollars later, I was absolutely stuffed and sipping on my ice coffee...and my husband? Well, he got a POP...that was all he ordered...he got a refill, but that's about it...I refuse to feel guilty though...it was delicious!!

I don't like decision making talks...I like deep conversations and I like to really get down to the nitty gritty on most things...but, things that don't necessarily "affect" me all that much. When conversations have to do with making a decision that is going to change something in me or in my family, I get all nervous...and then my eyes start watering all up and I get all jittery...it's ridiculous. Anthony said, "ya know, honey, at some point, you're gonna need to get a grip on this!"

I know...I will...I'm trying...I"m getting there...I'm making progress. I didn't shut down this time...we talked, we went back and forth...I felt like we made headway and that's a good thing...Still no definitive decision made, but I feel like we're heading in the right direction. Thank you Lord for such a wise husband!!!

Anyway, after a "heavy" morning...unusual to say the least...we headed over to M's soccer game. There's just nothing like sitting on the side line screaming, "YOU CAN DO IT" to a bunch of 7 year old little girls!

M said to me after the game, "Mom, I like when you encourage me like that...it makes me try harder!" Isn't that the truth? Man, you give me a word of encouragement or you give me a good ole: "WOOHOO GOOOOOO !" I will fall over backwards trying to give it my all! I think I'm a "praise seeker" at times. That's not necessarily a good thing...but I'm learning to recognize things in myself and in my kids and to see if God wants me to work on it...which then leads me right back to those "heavy decisions" again...oh well, guess hubby was right...I gotta learn how to get a grip on this...I'm guessing it's not gonna be getting any easier...

But as for today: turns out, by the end of the day...it was a just a Saturday as usual...baths were taken, pjs put back on, a little family movie action, lots of cuddles, and kisses...and everyone is in bed (except for me of course) Thanks God for Just a Saturday...healthy kids, wise husband, fun friends, and even for this computer so I can write about it for the world to see:)