It’s not my forte…and yet it is something that I have to do a million times a day…but, it’s small things mind you:
What to make for dinner
What clothes to put on baby
What clothes to put on me
Will I exercise this morning or in the evening
Will I eat this piece of chocolate and the 10 others that I will want afterwards
How much tv will the girls watch today
What will we be doing for school today
Can a friend come over to play
Can she have a cracker, a stick cheese and some m –n –m’s
Decision making is inevitable on a daily basis…and yet, even with all the small successes that add up throughout the day, I STILL struggle with the confidence to make it on the big ones.
We have a decision to make regarding our eldest girl in the near future. (just FYI : I don’t want to give a million details here because I know people are passionate on either side of the coin…) But, it’s about killin’ me here. I have to constantly pray it over to God…my mind gets reeling and pros and cons fill my conscience.
Perhaps it would be easier if between the 2 choices, one was actually way better than the other. The thing is though, that I believe that there is value, even at this age and stage in life, to both. There are things that each of them can offer by themselves but can’t be duplicated in the other. I think I get jealous of those that feel so strongly about what they do that they have no question…I don’t understand that because I’m such an information, get all the bases covered person, that I see the possibility that both are good choices.
I guess you could say that I just “want it all”…and I know that I can’t get it…and I don’t like “settling”…and sometimes that’s what it feels like I would be doing…
Anyway…that’s me rambling this morning after my allergy-prone, drippy nosed baby was up all night because she couldn’t breathe and my brain wouldn’t shut off…
Have a super Friday…Weekend, here we come!!!