Sunday, February 6, 2011

Restless February

I've come to realize something...

February is my PROJECT month...It has been for awhile now...

Take a peek back at 2009 here with my Narnia craze...and here where I went into "oh my goodness, how many things can I cram into this week???"

Or, let's look back at 2010 here where I got a little hyped up on Valentine's Day...ended up turning those pictures into wall art for my home...

Which now brings us to 2011...and once again, it's February and it's like I get this cabin fever and my fingers get itchy for something crafty to do! 

I think I have some entrepreneural blood in me, directly inherited from my father, that has in me to come up with ideas for things...my problem has always been following through...whether it be lack of confidence or just not the right opportune time...or, it just plain busts...but, the photography thing has stuck.

Now, I wouldn't cast myself into the realm of ubber-professional photographers...I would dub myself someone who cares deeply, researches and practices the craft, but keeps the "business" in line with other priorities so that it really comes in about 3/4 of the way down the list.  This is not because it's not a passion or a fun thing to pursue...quite the contrary...it is actually something I enjoy...immensely...but, I also have a preschooler at home still and girls that like to play Monopoly in the evenings and a husband who works his tail off and deserves some quality family time...and my personality is one in which I go FULL FORCE if I'm not careful...and so I have to be careful...

Why am I telling you all this...good grief, get to the point already...

Yes, well...so photography comes in waves...fall is CRAZY and then  *crickets* in the winter months...and I have this TIME...and it usually comes around February...and so, more ideas have bombarded my brain once again and I'm powerless to ignore them...

I've had a few moms ask me lately how to USE their camera and these photoshop programs that they've purchased and the "teacher" in me is screaming, 'LET ME TEACH YOU!"  So, I've been conjuring up this plan to develop a workshop for people seeking to figure out their camera and how to get those images to pop in their computer program...

But, with me...(and I can say this on my "family" blog, not the CTPhoto one:) I get all "oh my goodness, who wants to learn from me...I have to offer something besides just me b/c I mean, what a let down right?"

I don't say this for you to pity me...I'm just giving you a peek into what goes on in this crazy head of mine...

Therefore, I have spent the past 2 days choosing colors and fabrics and watching online tutorials to sew camera straps...Each attendee to my workshop will receive a handmade one of these:
I had such a blast at Joanns today choosing pretty fabrics for these reversible things...they are so much fun...and I gotta tell ya, a few of the straps will have those cute little fabric flowers on them, because OMgoodness they were so fun to make!

In between the sewing and the brainstorming and coming up with a lesson plan of sorts, I have recently discovered the world of the LOOM!

I whipped up about 6 inches of new "scarf" during the Super Bowl...I know, pathetic...but, Peanut was working on her knitted baby cap for her pregnant teacher, Little Munchkin was going to the potty every 10 minutes and Sweetpea was working on knitting her tube scarf...there might have been a bit too much estrogen for my darling Italian Stallion...he had to go out and get himself some wings and head upstairs for just awhile:) 

So, that's what's goin' on here...I'm hoping for a good turn out with the photography/photoshop class...if all goes well, I can plan one a month and what fun would that be?  I'd get to do something I LOVE combined with something else I love & am trained to do...Teaching Photography..who woulda thunk it???

have a great day!