Friday, February 4, 2011

MOMENTS

I have these seven simple letters hanging on my wall in my "home office".
I decided on that word because it signified what I wanted to remember in my LIFE.  Our pastor once brought to my attention a verse in the Bible about numbering out days, and making them count...in other words, to savor the moments...it's all we have...and they are fleeting...

My youngest is now out of diapers (well, except at nighttime...didn't want to rush it:) and I think, when did I blink and she grew up?  How many times did I just grumble through the soiled panties and miss the singing on the toilet?  How many times did not savor the kiss on the cheek because I had to get dinner ready, so, "sweetie, good job, go get your gummy bear for going potty!"

How many times, do I rush through my day and forget to see the ways that my Heavenly Father loves me...

I stumbled upon this video, and being a photographer, a mom and a lover of Jesus...well, I was just blown away...And then, I went to the website and read the first chapter of the book...and I was entranced...this woman, this author lost her little sister and the heart-wrenching, soul-hurting way she is able to construct words to bring about the moment and the emotion...

she gets it...

and I ordered the book...

I won't get it for awhile, and I know nothing about it other than that first chapter and that beautiful video...but, to be reminded that moments are holy and ordinary and to learn to stop and recognize the ways He loves me too...I am thirsty for it!

It made me remember to savor the fact that my girls and I listened to all the Clementine books during the snow days and power outage...as we hooked up to the generator and sat bundled in the kitchen or around the vents when they finally started wafting heat...

Moments are holy and ordinary!
Lord, let me never forget!