Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clap, Clap, Stomp...oh forget it!

Never before have I been SO struck with the reality that I have absolutely no rhythm or coordination than I was the other night as I participated in a Hip Hop class with my "Peep". 

As I watched the dreadlocked instructor "whip his hair back and forth" and shimmy his bootie in all directions across the floor, I was dumbfounded as to how to respond. 

"Wait, can you go back to that one step forward?"
"Why are your arms flailing off to that side?"
" Hold on a sec, you want me to clap where?"
"Freestyle?  FREE STYLE?  That would insist that you believe I actually HAVE a style?"
"Are you seriously jiggling? I don't WANT to jiggle, THAT's why I'm exercising in the first place!"

I laughed hard, made fun of myself muchly and hopefully burned a few calories...

At least I hope so, because after running as much as I have this past month, compounded with my jumping around in p90x and now that hip hop class...my stress fracture seems to have weakened a bit from last year...not sure where that leaves me now, but I took yesterday off completely...

Thanks Anne for asking me along...I had a fun time and though it may not be my thing, I enjoyed hanging out for the evening making fools of ourselves:)