Yes, there must be love, and forgiveness, and sacrifice, and the list goes on...
these are all tools and attitudes that not only keep a marriage grounded, but keep it climbing and growing at the same time...
My Stallion and I only ever "dated" long distance...yes, we were best friends through college...dating other people, sifting through the sea of people, only to come back and "discuss" the pros and cons with each other...
It wasn't until I graduated that the realization that the "best friend Love" has now transitioned into something more...and NOW, we're nearly 9 hours away from each other...
And let's just put it out there...I'm needy and clingy and feel most loved in times of repetitive affirmation...
And another thing: this was during the time of NO cell phones...back in the stone ages when long distance cost extra!!
And so...we talked
and talked and talked and talked
and sent letters and notes and journals
We learned to "hear" body language through a tone of voice...I could tell when a smirk was rising up across his lips just by the lilt of his voice in the phone receiver...
Little did we know that all those years of practice would lead us to present day...when he has to be away from us all for work...
We have new ways to communicate: texting, email, facebook...but, he knows me best...I like to hear him...
And so, after sending a picture text of this beautiful gift that arrived at my back door...(knowing that he was probably chomping at the bit, wondering when it would arrive and not wanting to call before hand lest he give it away)
I got that call...
I could "see" him smiling...so big that your eyes almost get squinty...and then the nonchalant, "OH...so you got that huh?"
He only had 2 minutes, in between meetings...
He gives me all 120 seconds...I love that I can "hear" and "see" that he wants to give me more...
It was sad to not be together...but, at the same time, it's been fun to fall back on old lessons learned...like getting on a bike after a long winter...only to find that you still know how to ride and you still love the feel of the wind in your face.
The girls and I made it special with a homemade dinner and place settings...
I discovered my NEW FAVORITE STORE: Hobby Lobby...it's a treasure trove of craftiness...and sea of indecision but, so worth it to ride the waves!
Sweetpea sooo wanted Susan of Narnia arrows to finish off her outfit...and Peanut needed Lucy's dagger...my dad came to my rescue with the dagger...he and I...yup, we're the treasure keepers...he was able to locate a rubbery dagger in the midst of his "collection" and gave me a couple to work with...Along with some brown foam, some gold plastic-y twine stuff and a few wooden rods...we ahd some great Valentine Gifts for the older girls:) Little Munchkin got a new Cd with a book AND she got to hang out with Mommy all day...that's a plus in my book:)
It's worth celebrating Valentine's Day...just another reminder...in case it's been a long winter for you:)
((if you are friends on facebook, you can see the whole album of pictures there:))




