However, 34 degrees definitely beats the regular temp of 17, and so my girls took advantage of the opportunity when they returned home from school.
It hit me at this point, that my "on my way to 40" body doesn't necessarily CRAVE the outdoor fun like it used to. I can remember jumping at opportunities to play in the snow with Sweetpea when she as a toddler. When Peanut came around, it was even more fun...I loved making igloos and snow angels...
Add a few years onto that, more housework and things to unclutter, and my unquenchable desire to start projects in my home...and my outside activity level drops drastically.
And yet, I knew I would regret it if I didn't make the most of the opportunities there...
So, I bundled up all the girls, got dinner all chopped and ready to cook when we came back in...and we stomped out into the snow...
We had quite a time with that snowman...the snow was icy, wet and HEAVY! We ended up using lessons learned from my experience in Redneck Snowman building 101 hauled over the picnic table
bench to create a makeshift plank onto which we rolled the snowball...then all the girls jumped on the high end of the bench like a teeter totter and we hoisted the Muffin Middle of that snowman up onto the bottom.
It was my lesson in science for the day to say the least.
Little Munchkin thought it would be fun to then pelt mommy with snow...
realizing that my efforts may NOT have been that appreciated as they were about to slam their mother with snow, I took the opportunity to get out of there FAST!
But, I couldn't resist one more picture, with our creation in the background...I love the story it tells:)
Enjoy your day and stay warm! I'm heading for my coffee right now...just looking at that white stuff makes me chilly!



