Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Does anyone else find it odd???

...that just a few short days ago, kids were outside playing in the sunshine?  that you could open the windows in your house to actually air out the stale air from the frigid temperatures of the week prior?  that the apple juice was able to thaw in the garage after it froze 3 days before?

Okay..so maybe noone else leaves their apple juice in the garage...but the point is that it was gorgeous outside...about 3 days ago....

It was this little teaser of spring...

and now we're back to whippin' wind, horizontal sleet and ice pellets that bang on the windows like a rampant snare drum!

But, I'm learning to be thankful for the small things...the incidentals...and so, with my camera at my hip...I joined my elder daughters outside on their excursion into the wild unknown, aka our backyard that they haven't seen for about 3 months due to what I just mentioned above...

I found them doing this:

Do you need a better view?

What is it you ask?


They informed me that it was a home for animals...complete with soft cat's tail and small twigs for a bed.  Sweetpea even came inside for bread pieces to lay out as crumbs...

Here's the finished product:


My sweet girls...it's like they knew the spring weather wasn't going to last...so they made a "provisions" for others...

It reminds me of something else that's goin' on in our family...that idea of seeing beyond...


I'll be posting about that alittle bit later...but we had a fun weekend putting together a little something....:)