Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mom Would Be Proud

As a young girl I was not the "homemaker" type...Sure, I had chores...it's not like my mom didn't teach me. I can remember being as young as 8 and my mom showing me how to properly clean a bathroom floor, using Q-tips to get out the smallest "grime" out of cracks...I remember being reprimanded for not moving a small chair when I had to vacuum the living room...I learned laundry, ironing, making beds, cleaning floors...you know, the basic "house" stuff...

But, when it came to "holly homemaker" stuff, I was OUTTA there...I had NO desire to learn to cook, sew or decorate...forget it...I was into basketball, studying, talking on the phone...

Looking back, this must have annoyed my mom to no end...my mom, the one who CREATED my wedding dress...the one who sewed dresses for ALL my sisters and me every Christmas, Easter and Mother's Day...

Well...I have to admit...she was right...I WISH I would have paid more attention...here I am a mom of 3 little girls who LOVE to dress up and my frugal brain won't let me go out and buy a bunch of stuff...so I have to "make" it...

Here are my "projects" of late...they are not perfect and you won't see me doing "close ups" because I will NOT let you see my seam lines (horrible)...but, regardless, I think mom will smile when she see them...

Introducing.............. Susan Pevensie

Lucy Pevensie

The Pevensie Sisters
I made the quiver out of an old mailing tube I found in the garage...the arrows are old princess wands that I cut the star points off except for the arrow part, and that bow? well, it's from my window blinds...and then it's my belt that holds the quiver in place. Lucy's cordial bottle was 50 cents at Michaels and I just concocted some contraption to carry it around her waist...