Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day in the Life

We said goodbye today...goodbye to some really incredible friends...Even as they are planning to head out to Kenya for 6-12 months, they concern themselves with our family, how I am doing...I teased them because here we're wanting to be an encouragement to them, and they are counseling and encouraging us...It was a sad departure to say the least. Sara and I were crying buckets and I think it took us both by surprise. I thank God for webcam, facebook, blogs, email and telephones...we won't loose touch and they will be home soon...with 2 little girls to add to their brood...I can't wait to meet them. Sara and I had fun trying out different names for the little girls, whoever they are...

Well...in that goodbye, came a "hello" for us...We now have a new member added to our family...the Austin family dog: Macie! Our girls were ecstatic to be able to have her live with us for the next few months...Here are a few pictures of her from this evening:



This is what we have learned so far:

*If you leave your garbage out, Macie WILL get to it and WILL throw up after eating it.
*If you give your 20 month old a waffle, she WILL feed it to Macie and Macie WILL throw up after eating it...
*Macie likes to be scratched on her head and will lay down in expectation of this for a longgg time.
*Italian Stallion needed to "lay down the law" with Macie: rule 1) not allowed to die on our watch rule 2) repeat number 1
*20 month old WILL "love" on dog, so beware that "loving" is not smothering poor Macie

This evening our eldest fed her her "chewey" and she looked so proud of herself...our second born got Macie to play with her "budda" toy...our youngest laughed her head off at all the growling and yipping! Even Daddy got a little place action with Macie...she "may" find a play in his heart yet (although I'm not holding my breath!)

Hurry home Austins...we love you!