Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are we back to normal yet?

It's been a crazy few weeks in our house hold. What with my crazy projects laying around the house, 2 of the girls getting the pukies AND the poopies, saying goodbye to close friends, "adopting" a new dog, on top of all the regular everyday stuff...well, I've at times lost my center.

I think I'm a person who thrives on being busy: I always have something going...at times this is so much fun...but other times, I feel like my brain is constantly flopping from one topic to the next. For example, at worship practice last night we went around and kinda told everyone what was up in our lives...as our drummer said that he leaves for Honduras in a couple weeks, I pipe up: "Oh, that reminds me, we got a dog!"...They all looked at me blankly...like, what in the world does Honduras have to do with getting a dog...good grief...What they didn't know and what I had to explain is that as he was talking, my mind was reeling in all sorts of directions just off of his one topic...it's hard for me to concentrate...I went from Honduras to mission trip to Kenya to the Austins to their visit to.."Oh, we got a dog!"

Anyway, (crazy story for no reason...see what I mean?) I'm thankful that we are beginning the 40 days...Lenten season...a time to slow down and reflect...we start our women's bible study on Monday with a Beth Moore study on Esther...I am SO looking forward to this. I have needed to have a constant, disciplined study for awhile now. I just purchased the workbook the other day and perused it...OH, I'm just so excited...one of the "side notes" in the magins read, "Those of us who know Jesus personally live under divine rule where all us girls get to be princesses" Now that is just music to my ears living in our all girlie household!

So, as the pukies have ended, and projects are finished...we go back to routine...there are still concerns and "craziness" as I try to "do it all" with regards to schooling and family activities, but I'm learning to take more time to be still these days...God please pull me towards you and let the things that don't matter that much, fall away...give me a heart that sees...REALLY sees and hears my children when they need me, that is my husband's biggest cheerleader, and that concerns itself with things that matter, even if the dishes aren't done and I haven't had my "workout" for the day!