I'll start right off with a promise to post pictures after Valentine's Day...You see, I've had cabin fever. I told this to a friend the other day and she stared in disbelief, "YOU...cabin fever? I don't believe it!" I'm usually the homebody...I don't necessarily like going out all the time or running from one activity to the next. I just really like staying home.
That is, until I've been INSIDE for days on end with 3 little ones running around and laundry piling up!!! So, with my cabin fever I've gone a bit "project happy". As if I don't have enough going on throughout the day with homeschooling, cleaning, playing with baby, running, not to mention attempting to get a shower by 3pm, fixing dinner, getting one or the other child to swim lessons or ballet (IF the weather permits)...NOPE, I go and get project happy...
Over the last 4 days I have started three(and finished 2) projects. On Saturday we went to get our "family photos" taken. Now, I'm usually the photographer in our house, for all the kids yearly pictures, etc...but I just can't seem to figure out how to take a picture with ME in it and expect everyone to be looking at the camera and smiling...so, I got a coupon and off we went. Needless to say, photo shoots that are "scheduled" never really turn out all that great...so while we waited, because they were backed up about a 1/2 hour, we went over to PBK. I love going there because I get all sorts of ideas...and I was not let down! There on the wall was this cool canvas...it had buttons and wallpaper samples sewn onto it in a shape of a butterfly...you can go to their site and check it out potterybarnkids ...it's really sweet. But, immediately I thought, "I can do that"...and I did!
I came home that night, ignored the dirty dishes, laundry on the couch and playroom disarray and I sat down with all my collections of buttons, an old canvas I had behind a couch and some multicolored foam and I made my own version of the butterfly...(again, I will post pictures soon...)
I want to wait for this reason: I started and finished the 2nd project tonight...it's a Valentine's Gift for my husband...dont' want to post pics until he gets it...but, it will come soon. All the kids were involved...it's pretty cool!
Lastly, and this one is really quite "amazing" for me...I shouldn't really be attempting it at all, but I threw caution to the wind...I'm stuck inside anyway...so here we go! I went to Joanns and bought the coolest material for both older girls (only spent a total of $26 on all supplies) and I'm planning on sewing (yes, I actually said SEWING) Narnia Lucy and Susan dresses for them...I plan to start the pattern cutting tomorrow night! They play Narnia CONSTANTLY! They eat, live, breathe, dream narnia...I swear, they ARE Susan and Lucy right now! So, what better way to act the part than to really dress like it! We'll see how far I come by the weekend...
And so I conclude this blogging this evening, exhausted, but happy! I like that sort of stuff and although if you came to visit, you may have to move over some folded clothes on the couch in order to sit down...just know that I'll pretty much stop everything and sit and have a nice chat with you! We can talk projects and kids and keep hoping for spring!!!