No, I didn't say "slacker"..I said slOUcher...I tend to "slouch". In other words, I don't sit up straight, nor stand up straight. I've done this for years. I can still remember my dad tapping me on my back, "sit up straight little girl or you're gonna wind up with a big hump back"
Ha! I thought...that'll never happen...well, fast forward a decade or 2, and holy cow, I still slouch and it's harder and harder to stand up straight anymore...whaddya know, dad was right! He may be pleased about that, but I'm not so much. What to do with a rounding back in my "early" 30s?
Enter: Pilates! My MIL swears by them...my response: OUCH! I drink a ton of milk and get plenty of calcium for my aging bones. I run, get my blood pumping...but what I have not really done is any strength training for those flabby muscles, especially the ones that if I suck it in, it would hold my back up straight...and so, I started doing pilates recently.
If you ever want to feel like you are pitifully out of shape, like a weak-ling, or want to feel incredibly sore ALL over for days afterward, I suggest you try PILATES! yippee!!
Sounds enticing doesn't it? The thing is though, I'm sitting up straighter, my shoulders seem to want to stay back and dare I say, I "might" have an inch or so off my waist? (insert gasp!)
I would put a picture on this post but it would be terribly embarrassing...we'll see what happens once I can actually hold a pilates position for more than 3 seconds...
I'm off to run and then do the wonderful pilates routine...sore body, here I come!