Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Few Days Ago...Plus...

So, in trying to "document" my life, I know that I've missed a couple of days already. (I have trouble sticking to something to the end...it's a lot of my dad in me...too many hobbies, too little time...too much ADD) Anyway, I need to start back a couple days in order to factor in all the pictures...here it goes:

Picture #1 is for Day 3: We love milk in this house...we go through at LEAST 2 gallons a week and we're already on our third today. Had to just take a picture because my husband thinks it quite unusual...I don't know, I grew up on YUCK powdered milk and so now I think I just crave the real thing like crazy!
I hadn't really been out of the house since Monday...Was gettin' kinda cooped up. We had Life group over on Thursday and I was sorta lamenting to them about...nice thing about having your pastor in your lifegroup...he's able to spin things in a way that everyone "wins"...all that to say, my husband took the following day off and we had a family fun day!

Started out with sledding...we took the girls to a large hill, which we had never done before. Normally we just use our little hill out back...they LOVED it. IT was bitter cold, but we bundled up and off we went. Baby C was with us, so I didn't get to sled as much as I would have liked, but regardless, it was a lot of cheering, and screaming and laughing and spills and sliding and just plain FUN!
Then we dropped little one off at Nana's and took the older girls to Wendys for lunch (always a treat to them!) We ended up at COSI for the afternoon...just doin' science experiments and watching science presentations. The evening wrapped up with my eldest spending the night with her cousin at Nana's house, my middle child getting a vanilla milkshake and staying up to watch Parent Trap and having a sleep over in mommy & daddy's room!

We were all exhausted by the end of the day, but it was much needed! I think we missed being out, missed being with daddy and missed just blowin' off the entire day to do fun things!
This brings us to today...we had an appointment to get our pictures taken at 11am. The girls were showered, blowdried, dressed, fixed up and ready to go...we even got there early...only to find out that the electricity had just gone out and no appointments were being filled...bummer! So, hopefully we'll get some "amatuer"shots in by mommy this afternoon, once little nipper wakes up from her nap!

That's my end of the week report:) Stay Warm!