Monday, January 26, 2009

I have a friend

I have a friend whom I am so thankful for...she'll know who she is when she reads this blog...not many people read this thing anyway...I find that I end up spending or "wasting" a majority of my time on facebook rather than blogging...I think because I'm an extroverted type person, meaning that I am energized by people rather than alone time...so this time sitting alone, writing, without the little red "notification" thingy popping up...well, it's a little disheartening at times..HOWEVER...I blog on! Because, there are occassions that I do enjoy alone time, relfection, take a deep breath time...

Boy, I surely get sidetracked...I was starting this off about a friend...okay, so I have a friend who always inspires me by her ideas for "projects"...she and I share similar traits: nonconfrontational, people pleasers, talkers, a little ADD, photographaholics, clutter bugs...you're getting the pictures...anyway, she always has these great project ideas and sends them my way. The thing is, is that I LOVE the ideas too...I just don't have the gumption, nor the discipline to keep them going...

The newest "project" she sent my way is called Project 365...it's awesome...take a picture and journal a sentence or two about something in your day EVERYDAY for 365 days...for a person who's memory is already fading at age 34...this is wonderful...I could document our LIVES...the girls, my "motherhood", homeschooling, you name it...and then I think of the 3 manuscripts that I've written in my desk drawer, I think of my scrapbooks that I still haven't completed for the first year of one of my girls, I think of my laundry that is piled high, the stacks of clothes that need to be folded, the car that is a mess, the list goes on and on...maybe I DON'T want to document my life...I'd come face to face with the "chaos" that it is...yikes!

Anyway, dear, sweet friend of mine...keep sending me those projects...I can at the very least, daydream about all that I COULD do...and someday...soooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeday, maybe we'll "have" the time to complete them all! My promise to you though...we WILL make time in the NEAR NEAR future for a late night Starbucks run...just you and me...girl time!

Thank you God for good, good friends!