I've never really been big into new year resolutions...I'm not the most organized person on earth. So, for me to actually make a plan and stick with it is pretty slim. I'd either loose the list or get distracted with something else while working on a list item.
Last year around this time, we purchased a treadmill. It still amazes and humbles me in big ways when I realize how fortunate our little family is...the finances and/or ability to purchase items like that...I don't know quite how else to put it. It just makes me feel spoiled, but really, really grateful...not sure if that makes sense...I just came from not so much (food stamps, homemade clothes, etc) It makes me be a frugal person and a saver...so at times it's hard to spend that money when the time comes. But, oh the amazement when it's saved up for months and we get to purchase a big item...Okay, this was COMPLETELY off the point (see what I mean about being distracted?)
Well...back to the treadmill...I'm not a runner either. I don't really like running, never have. I tried track...I stunk! My legs hurt, I'm running around a track getting no where, I get that pain in my side, I'm out of breath...all reasons to NOT like running...but we got a treadmill anyway. The point was to get in shape...neither Anthony nor myself really needed to loose weight persay, but I felt sorta "flabby" after 3 kids and figured I ought to be a good example and get my blood pumping....
It's been on and off for about a year...but Anthony has really started to like it recently and is quite the disciplined fellow...I have found that if I have "company" with my agony, I'm much more willing to go along...and so I RUN...
Can you believe that I'm running 2.5 miles in 30 minutes...now, I know for some that is laughable, but to me...that's like, pure, amazing!!! And, get this, I'm actually...dare I say it, "liking" running just a teeny weensy bit now...I got the girls on the treadmill today...they've been begging...so I let them each do 20 minutes...they LOVE it...
Who knows...maybe this whole New Year Resolutions thing will actually work this time...