Thursday, December 25, 2008

Mrs. Claus at the Gas Station

Inevitably, I forget something on Christmas Day...Italian Stallion always tries to cover all the bases...we grocery shop, we get all the last minute things on the 23rd, so that we can hunker down and just enjoy the next 2 days without a reason to "go out"...but, as I said, it always happens...whether it be milk, or diapers, or forgot something for Christmas dinner...well, it's just something...this year was no exception...

As the girls opened their games, I realized that I had purchased AA batteries...however, the games needed AAA batteries...Bless his heart, he went out IN his christmas pjs to the only gas station still open in town...it went down like this:

Italian Stallion walks into the station and heads to the counter...The little old woman behind the counter has big glasses on, her gray hair up on her head and she's reading a paper...as he approaches he can tell that she's sizing him up...He says, "Merry Christmas"...she responds, after looking him up and down, "Son, the coffee's in the back and the batteries are right here...you aren't the first and you won't be the last!"

He stood there until a smile slowly crept onto his face...she knew exactly what he and evidently many others had already trekked in to get...Merrily he got those batteries and headed back home!!!

Thanks Mrs. Claus!!! We had a great morning!!!