Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nutcracker Ballet

Every year since my eldest turned 4, it's been a family tradition to go see the Nutcracker Ballet at Christmas time. AND, every year, I get all teared up thinking how amazing and grateful I am that Anthony and I can do this for our girls...I was an adult before I ever saw this performance...infact, my first time was with my daughter...

My girls LOVE this experience...for weeks leading up, they are dancing with their nutcrackers at home, out come the ballet shoes and tutus...the CDs and all the different book versions that we have of the story...

When THE night arrives, they dress in their little Christmas outfits and matching black capes & muffs and off we go. This year we splurged on some really good seats! Although, I must add, that closer seats may not be all they're cracked up to be...considering my eldest made a comment about the "tights" of the Sugar Plum "prince's"...we got more of a "SHOW" than we were expecting (that's putting it very delicately I believe!:)) ANYWAY, I spent the evening "narrating" the story into E's ear...she got scared when the rats came out and told me how beautiful the flower fairies were...

It was an incredible evening AND to top it all off...the ballerinas came out at the end, after most of the audience had left and signed autographs and talked with the girls...my daughters were on clouds the rest of the night!!! What an awesome time we had together!!!