Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 2: Snow Ice Cream

Well, for the start of this little Project 365 (which I may rename to Project 52...basically just try to document a week instead of every day...we'll see) Anyway, for the start, this has been quite fun...I just take a picture of something we do for that day...I will confess that I've already taken a few pictures of "everyday" things...that way if I forget a day, I can slip it in because we probably did it anyway...am I making any sense?
Here's Today's Picture:
So already this morning we made Snow Ice Cream...I was up early with Miss Early Bird Baby, checking my facebook while I made her some breakfast and I came across a friend who said she made snow ice cream for her kids...I have never heard of this before, so I do what all Moms in my Generation do: We GOOGLE...so I googled it and low and behold there are umpteen recipes for Snow Ice Cream...I put on my boots and trudged into our backyard to put out a big 'ole bowl so it could fill up with snow.
When the older two woke up I told them that we would do school work until the bowl filled...that took all of 2 hours, it is snowin' like crazy here in the Midwest...Anyway, I printed off the recipe, the girls invited their neighbor friend over (because of course, school had been cancelled) and we made an ice cream treat at 10:30A.M.
This is what is looks like after you pour in the cream/milk, sugar and vanilla...Here's the finished product with all the trimmings: chocolate syrup, sprinkles...the works!and here' the look of delight as she spoons it into her mouth..."Ice cream in the morning Mom? This is GREAT!"All three enjoying...might be a good day!!!