I think all of my girls have inherited their mother's love of all things memorable and unchanging! They are "hoarders" like me...they like things to stay the same, familiar...and they like to have the memories and then TALK about them..
Yep...it's not comin' from the Stallion's side of the family...
We had a GREAT Christmas and New Years...thought I"d share just a few pictures in case you didn't catch the albums on facebook.
Christmas Eve yielded untold amounts of sugar consumption and hyper activity up the "whazooooo"...but, it's all in the name of Family Fun:)
And then...at JUST the right moment...we changed them into the nicest clothes and gave them FIRE.
The grandkids all then like to come home and perform multiple versions of the Christmas story...I like it best when "mary" changes costumes into "herod" and when Joseph starts shooting people with nerf guns...it's the "best christmas pageant ever"
Nana & Popi don't mind though and we thoroughly get a kick out of watching them do their thing...
That evening after 18 glasses of sparkling grape juice and consequently 20 trips to the bathroom...after the delicious 7 course Italian meal and getting them into bed before Mommy & Daddy had a chance to explode and shove only lumps of coal into their stockings (not really, but I've always wanted to threaten that:)...they finally fell asleep and awoke to a snow covered lawn (it had been that way since the beginning of the week, but we take blessings in any manner) and got ready to head downstairs after reading the Advent Book and opening the last door...
which they promptly tore through and headed to the tree...I may post the video a little later...but if not, you can catch it on facebook:)
We had a whole penguin theme goin' this year...penguin wrapping paper, penguin nightgowns for the girls, penguin pjs for Mommy...Daddy was the only one left out and I think he was hurt...
doubt it...but, we did look for penguin pj bottoms for him...when I explained that we were unable to locate a single pair for him, he replied, "Ummm, there's a reason for that!"
Yes well...back to christmas morn'...we always send the girls on some crazy scavenger hunt..this year we gave them spy clues/puzzles to figure out in different locations...apparantly earmuffs and electric toothbrushes were helpful tools for discovery.
and...one thing on the older girls' list was Aquasand...Mankinds WORST invention...let's mix SAND and WATER in the KITCHEN for fun...perfect!
By far though...our favorite gift was the Lego Set of a Christmas Bakery...
I think Italian Stallion particularly liked the part where I took pieces and made my own toys without following any of the directions...I could tell by the lovely glares and facial expressions that I was TOTALLY making it worthwhile! It was even better when we finished the entire thing and there were left over pieces!! This is where right and left brain people have some FUN with each other...
The thing I like about Christmas with my family, is that it's forever...I mean, it takes a longggg time and we get to celebrate multiple times...and so, on the 26th, we headed up north to visit my side of the family...
I LOVE seeing my brother and all his boys...They all have a great time together! And they all go crazy over their Aunt Rachel too...
And there you have it...our Christmas...
New Years followed with my Peep's family over to visit (you'll have to read the previous post to "get" that) but, let's just say we introduced them to dancing and wine:) YIKES!
Well...in the form of sparkling juice for the kiddos and Just Dance Wii...but MAN, our guys can boogie with the best of them...
"Oh Mickey you're so fine...you're so fine you blow my mind...hey Mickey!"
Happy New Year!













