Monday, January 10, 2011

Let us Discuss

Okay...so I've shared with you the beginnings of this new year...I didn't necessarily make "resolutions" persay, but I just kinda got sucked into all these things at once...

So, I showed you the hair chop...I am getting used it, although, I don't feel comfortable just blow drying and leaving the house anymore...to which many in the outside world are saying, "praise the lord, that lady was a little hard on the eyes there for awhile...good to know she's got something that will make her fix it up a bit before steppin' out into the light." 

We've discussed my OCD with regards to everything remotely related to a memory and thus the explosion that happens to be my basement.  And as I said, we ARE making progress.  I didn't make it downstairs today...instead I wrote a book about a dog with Little Munchkin...3 whole pages and about 5 sentences total...but she LOVES it.  I especially liked the part when Daddy comes home and she reads it to him lots of times:)  We also played Bingo and did a bunch of matching with colors and numbers and letters and even beginning sounds.  All in all, it was a good day and it was that much better because I didn't have to force myself to stuff another doll from the 70's or my wedding runner into the trash...and YES, I said my wedding ceremony runner..don't ask me why I still have it...but I do...in all it's glory...rolled up in a big ole box...along with my wedding dress hoop:)

Anyway, I haven't mentioned the acne craze that has taken over my face too much...mostly because it's just plain painful.  I have seen some improvement though...got myself some nice Neutrogena acne wash and my sis-in-law got me all stocked up awhile ago with "anti-aging" creams...it's not completely vanished, but I can at least cover most with make up and/or leave my hair all frizzy (as my husband says he likes it) and it masks it pretty well.

What I'd like to confess about now is the weight dilemma.  I don't like to exercise and I don't like eating healthy.  I'm just being honest...seriously, if I could drink Pepsi and Starbucks and eat cheesy chips and pizza all day every day...I'd do it...and then I'd throw in some regular potato chips and dip and a few dozen oreo cookies...and then I'd start munching on gumballs and jelly beans when I needed to switch up the sugar. 

And basically, that's what I did this past fall...in the midst of all the photo shoots and my hubby being gone, I ate...I ate like I wasn't going to see the next day...and I didn't move my behind from off the computer chair for about 3 months. 

And so, that brings me to present day...me and my muffin top have been together for awhile now and she's starting to irritate me.  She won't allow me into 2 pairs of my favorite pairs of jeans...no matter how I try to cram her in...

The problem is that I'm such an immediate gratification person that it is sooo hard for me to keep going when I don't see immediate results...and a loss of ONE lb in one week is not what I call "results"...

It's like those before and after pictures...except I'd like the after picture to be taken the next day...wouldn't we all??? 

So, I'm eating yogurt and granola...oatmeal...cottage cheese...drinking water...carrots and fruits...and I'm dreaming of chocolate chip cookies and having a fountain drink.  I'm running 2 miles every day and doing moderate versions of p90x with weight lifting and other stuff...I like to watch the infomercials while I work out...it's ridiculous I know, but they keep me going for the time being. I'm just hoping and praying that by spring, I 'll actually be able to fit into the clothes that I purchased last year when i was all fit from going to Grand Cayman with my hubby...

And that's that folks...hope your resolutions or goals are going well...I'd love to hear what you are up to as well!!!