I am quite proud to say that the end of our driveway now looks like a dumpsite thanks to the purging efforts of myself and my husband...moreso on my husband's part as I was dilly-dallying and relishing in the "treasures" that I found once we began.
See, this is the problem...I get to sorting through things and then get swept away in memories...I found old passed notes from high school...Dan, Angie, Carol, Ted, Lee...you know who you are...I STILL have all those notes...crumpled and folded and dumped into a box in my treasure trove. I found old pictures from childhood and ton of my brother for some reason...Don, I will be sending those to you soon...well, as soon as I locate them again cuz they got all mixed in with my Calculus tests and Biology drawings...but, I'll find 'em.
We have made progress...now, if YOU came to my house and saw my basement you'd probably sarcastically say, "THIS is progress...what in the world did it look like before?" And that's where I'd have to assure you that we indeed HAVE made an improvement b/c it really does look a ton better than it did 2 days ago. Don't get me wrong, we (and by we, I mean I) have a long way to go...each day I have to psyche myself up to get down there, but...baby steps...and large doses of hot coffee and the occassional ibuprofen for the headache that arises when I realize that I'm throwing away parts of my LIFE!!!
Okay, so it's not THAT bad in reality...but it FEELS that way sometimes...and I'm weird....and I'm okay with it...
So, I thought I'd share a few of my "finds" today...I've put one of the pictures up here before, but I finally found the matching set, so I took a picture of top AND bottom this time:)
First off we have some old Calculus, Anal. Geo., Algebra 2 and Physics tests...
Next, my favorite:) It's my "teddy-dog". I've had this thing from the time of my earliest memory and I remember sleeping with it well into my elementary years.
Stay tuned for more treasures to be found:) Have a great Monday!