How did it get to be Wednesday already? These days seem to slip by too quickly lately...
I figured that I'd give you the scoop on where this wife of an Italian has been since Christmas...
First off, let me begin by informing you that my hair has been chopped. I believe that my husband is one of the very men on the face of the planet that really likes short hair...This is quite a dramatic change from my growing up years where both my fathers liked long locks. And for the record, I rather prefer long versus short. However, I don't think that long hairs looks like I THINK it looks on me...
I envision myself with flowing hair, curled in all the right spots, as it cascades down my back and over my shoulders...
In reality, it looks more like a big bush exploded on my head.
And so...I closed my eyes, grabbed the chair and told the hair lady to "Just cut it! and do it quick"
Yep...that's the first thing on the list...coming in a close second was the explosion of pot holes that erupted on my forehead and chin. I thought once you hit a certain age that acne became a thing of the past. Apparantly I was wrong, for it has come out in full force. It might have been the stress of the fall or the holidays, or the fact that I've eaten so much chocolate and coffee and soft drinks that you could probably set up an IV and get sugar from my veins (if I even allowed you that close to me with a needle)
And so, the daily cleansing and putting on of all things alcohol, benzoyl peroxide and that sacilyc acid (not sure if I got those words correct, but you get the point) has begun. Minus the flakes of skin that come off of my face due to over-drying, I think I may be on my way back to my regular wrinkly self...I'm guessing that my next skin drama will include age lines and a need to wax the eyebrows!
Lastly, you can't begin the new year with out discussing weight and healthy living. I stepped on the scale about mid December and realized that I not only had gained weight, but didn't realize that I hadn't weighed this amount for about 2 years...WHOA...and therefore, I've decided to forego my friend, fountain Pepsi and instead drink: water. It's a bummer in some ways, but I'm hoping that perhaps in a few weeks, I will be thankful for the change...along with this has come daily running 2 miles and 15-20 minutes of p90x weight training (or whatever I can remember from the videos without actually having to insert them into the DVD player)
It also means my house is stocked wtih yogurt, cottage cheese, humus, veggies, eggs and oatmeal...that's about the extent of healthy foods that I will deliberately eat.
And that's about where I am right now...Little Munchkin and I are going to play today...and I'm looking forward to some time with just her without having to drag her all over Timbuktu with errands and such...
So...have a great day! I'll be enjoying some Almond snacks with my baby girl and will not be looking in the mirror nor stepping on the scale later today:)