Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ohhhhhhh the Swooning...

At the risk of my husband reading my blog...and, then getting a slight "ego" because of it...

well...(honey, if you do read this...just smile, know you are well-loved and then maybe go and unclog that toilet???)

Anyhoo...Sweetpea had lost the last 2 of her soccer games...it could be due to the amount of rolling down hills during the games while waiting to sub back in...it could have been the over abundance of peanuts and playing with puppy dogs whilst they were supposed to be scrimmaging...

but, let's just assume that they were actually in need of some motivational juices...and little "pick me up" so to say...

Enter stage right, Coach...

I received an email on our family account that, and I sum it up:  "Girls, we are going to be ready for next week's game...I want everyone of you to come with your hair in pig tails and big lightning bolt painted across your face...we will show that other team that we mean business...yada yada yada... From, Coach!"

My heart melted and I was in awe of my husband who knew just what to say to all those little girls who needed to know that they had someone on their side, rooting for them, cheering for them on the sidelines...no matter what the scoreboard said...

What I didn't realize is that every other MOTHER'S  heart of all those little girls ALSO melted...and I received sweet emails thanking coach...again I say, yada yada yada:) 

Sooo...sweetheart, you've won everyone over once again with your charm...

but, more importantly your love for those kiddos, especially your own little 8 year old that seems to be growing up wayyy too fast...