It appears that we have not gotten our carpets cleaned since last July...I don't really want to think about the nastiness that has been lurking in the fibers of our flooring for that many months...not to mention the mishaps from our adventure with MACIE, the "real macie", as Little Munchkin refers to her.
But, it is all gone...farewell to those stains...at least for the next 24 hours...until the bootie wearing wears off and it's back to spillin' apple juice and smearing playdoh...
So, before I start lamenting once again, let's talk about the garden!! My sweet little piece of heaven over yonder in the back yard...wanna see my little babies sproutin' up??? (and a few hillbilly makeshift items that add "character")
Let's call this: Things I Hate and Things I Love (as I head out back...)
LOVE: the first strawberries of the year...ohhhh sooo yummy...we're gonna have a bushel full this spring! We just wash 'em right then and there and pop 'em in our mouths...
HATE: They're back again...I've already been out with the spray...I will NOT be beaten!!
LOVE: seeing my sweet lettuces from afar...how I love thee...just a couple more weeks and I'll be making some crisp salads with every meal!!!
HATE: when I was a young thing, basking in the innocence of youth, I loved looking for 4 leaf clovers...since then, even discovering my Irish roots...it doesn't matter...I want the clover dead...it's about as bad as those pesky dandelions and they kill the grass...I'm out for blood...or sap or whatevers inside those darn weeds!
LOVE: watching my sweet peas starting to trellis and knowing we're going to have a good pea pickin' time come summer!
HATE: the fact that it looks a little...I don't know..."hey, we're the hicks of the neighborhood" --ish
LOVE: all the good things growin'
garlic and onions...
potato mounds...
Summer is right around the corner!!!










