Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gone so long

I've been away again...at least it feels like it.  I"m having a hard time finding a groove...not that I have much rhythym or any dance steps persay, but rather an organized settleness to my life...I find myself completely spontaneous one moment and frustrated the next as the piles of laundry, dishes and bills pile up around my house. 

Perhaps everyone struggles with it, but I have really had a hard time lately...prioritizing and finding a balance...IS likes to explain it to me in that EVERYTHING becomes a BIG thing for me IN THE MOMENT...

case in point:  I realized recently that we really need storm door on our front door.  Whenever it rains, the water pours in under the door.  We mop it up with towels and all is well.  It doesn't happen ALL the time, but sometimes...and in those moments, I go nuts...I start researching storm doors all over home depot, lowes and any other door selling place...and then I rearrange my entire schedule for the next day in order to go and look at those doors...they've now become the IT thing to do...forget about the fact that I have library storytime with my youngest, forget about the fact that I haven't exercised in 2 days, forget about the fact that I need to make lunches...stop the presses people, Mamarazzi needs to figure out storm doors!!!

And then, I have the moment of realization that we can't BUY a storm door right now...it's not in the budget this month and it's really impractical at the moment.  At this point the depression sets in of, "Ugh, I wasted all that time worrying about that and researching...and I have nothing to show for it...blah blah blah"...

And THEN...I decide that I need a camera bag...and the cycle begins again...
Sooooo, that's where I've been this time...being consumed with another project until my head aches at 11pm at night because I've had too much coffee and soda to keep myself awake...and I wonder if I"m even making any sense at this point anyway...

I thought I'd share the pictures b/c that way I will feel like I did get something accomplished...and the fact that I need to show my mom what I did:)  I hope to find my groove soon and get over these temporary moments of OCD...