Monday, May 10, 2010

Six years swept by...

We celebrated Peanut's 6th birthday this weekend...on the coldest day of the year it seemed...sandwiched in between 2 lovely, sunny, blue skied days was the day in May that decided to stay in the mid 40s and blow like a hurricane...

Our "carnival" party was taken indoors...but, it didn't matter...she had a great time!

I'm an extrovert and am energized by people...but I'm also a people pleaser, which can cause a certain amount of stress when in the company of many people as well...our good friends, the Austins, were here to visit and Graig gave me some good advice right before the celebration...

I love how he and I are alike and my hubby and Sara are alike...it makes for fun time together as couples!  Anyhoo...knowing my tendancy to want to make everyone "have a great time"...he just reminded me that as long as Peanut had fun...no one else really mattered...

And so I concentrated on her and making sure that she enjoyed herself...

I can't believe 6 years have gone by already...I remember the morning I woke with labor pains...I remember the 2 days she went without a name because I couldn't decide what name she looked more like...I remember the exact moment the doctor came in to tell me that she had a hole in her heart and I how I completely lost it with memories from my sister...I remember how she was healed right up and how she brough so much laughter to our home...

I'm thankful for:

her giggle
the way she says, "ridiculous"
how she tries to act like her big sister
how she dotes on her baby sister
her daring spirit
her love of the color purple
her love affair with bandaids
how she plays with my hair when we read books together

She reminds me a lot of her daddy, which is probably why she and I get along so well...

Happy Birthday Peanut!