Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Survival

Hi!

We decided to start off this weekend with a lack of sleep, cranky children and enough chapstick to make Angelina Jolie's lips very happy!!!

Peanut has taken up with licking her lips...continuously...like, nonstop...as if the world is going to suddenly be without water and she must moisten ever two seconds in order to bypass this horrible oncoming of drought...thus, her lips and the surrounding area resemble the Joker from Batman...now, this doesn't seem to bother her any...nope, she has a hefty helping of self-confidence as you will see evidenced below...however, it can be painful to see the sores surrounding her mouth and so we've invested in Burt's Bees, Chapstick, Blistex, Aquaphor and all knowns of petroleum jellies known to man...I'll let you know how this works out...

In continuing news:

My Italian Stallion declared Friday morning that he was unable to move his neck or head in any direction except to hold it at an angle in which he appeared to be a mime trying to get out of his imaginary box.  I know how this feels and there's pretty much nothing you can do about except take mouthfuls of Ibuprofen, have a glass of wine and for my husband, perhaps a nice cigar, fresh from Grand Cayman, in the garage:) 

I think that this stawberry pie helped ease him out of the pain a little...along with the survival of another soccer weekend...

First the strawberries...we hit the jackpot this Saturday.  At least those were the words of the 3 other girls that live on our redneck property.  We've got the PVC pipe trellises, we've got the "marijuana looking" herbs still drying in our garage from last years parsley and basil pickings and we've got strawberry plants for "ground cover" in our "Flower bed"...and today, we hit the motherload! 

We quickly whipped up a pie and stuck it in the fridge...and then into the freezer...and then into the fridge...and back into the freezer...b/c someone doesn't seem to have enough patience to wait until the "Gel" cools enough before pouring it over the strawberries...but, I wouldn't know ANYTHING about that...

Next...let's talk soccer...because we know that although Italian Stallion feigns ignorance...he KNOWS he is adored by those little U8 and U6ers, as well as all their parents...and I'll add my little two cents, "he's a pretty great coach if I do say so myself"...The skills he teaches, the teamwork he initiates, the determination he develops and obviously, the HUMILITY he exemplifies...(see below) 
               After a quick pass by Peanut to a teammate in which said teammate shoots it straight
               into the goal...teammate says, "That was an awesome pass 'peanut'"...Peanut replies,
               "What pass?  I was trying to kick it into the goal and you got in the way!"

Both girls survived another weekend of soccer...Even having to wake at 7:30 on a Saturday morning which only confirms our self-sacrifice and love for the game...(well, that and the fact that I forgot to get Sweetpea's jersey in the dryer the night before AND that I got to drive a second car to the game so we could finish our chocolate chip pancakes)

Peanut, continuing with the development of that humility, wanted to discuss over dinner the fact that she made 4 goals...
"hey, did you know I got 4 goals today?"  "Can I have a hotdog?"  "Ya know, soccer is all about having fun, and that I got 4 goals today?"  "where's my napkin?"  "Oh, Sweetpea, you did a good job in your game but, ya know, I got 4 goals!"

Yeah, we may have some more "work" in that department!

We also have some more members added to the said Redneck Property...a cute little family of robins...although this is one Mama that pretty much HATES my hubby, which is a whole new experience for him, let me tell you...but, he figures she'll get over it...and so he stomped right up to the nest and took this picture...I complimented him on his use of the thirds principle...He said he was just glad he still had his eyeballs and that they weren't pecked out by the divebombing mommy...

And there you have it...a Saturday Survival!