Friday, May 21, 2010

Coffee

I don't really like coffee. I know that I rave about Starbucks...but, let's just get real here...that ain't coffee...that's just some froo froo drink...and I LOVE them!...but anyway...

My parents always had some brewing every morning of my life growing up...and I like that welcoming smell of home...and caffeine permeating the air! 

However, the taste...well, the taste is somewhere between dirty dishwater and warm flat pop that's sat out in the sun and all the ice cubes have melted so it has that, 'not quite pop, not quite water' mix to it...

As you can probably tell, I'm not too fond of the "coffee" taste...

On the other side of the fence...for some reason, pop and/or hot chocolate in the morning puts me on such a sugar high that I can taste my own teeth!  And the fact is, I need me some caffeine in the morning...I just do...

I've got little ones depending on me...and I've got to have enough energy to update a facebook status and check a few emails while I'm at it...

it's all about priorities here...

Okay...so all this to say, I have attempted to begin the coffee adventure...I started out with a little International Coffee flavored drink...my fav:  swiss white chocolate mocha...it's just enough coffee to be coffee and a whole lotta white chocolate to disguise that fact. 

I've recently been turned onto the fact of some creamers...which meant that I had to break out the ole 4 cup Mr. Coffee that my mom got for me when I went to college...I'm not quite sure WHY she purchased this for me seeing as I never used it...seeing as I HATED coffee...but, I think she musta had some hope...

And so it now sits on my counter and every so often when I feel the necessity to stay up past midnight checking other people's facebook statuses and such, I pour myself a cup 'o joe and dump about 1/4 cup of creamer into it...and I'm ready to go.....

Along with this, I believe it gives me opportunity to use my many mugs...of which, my husband made me throw out about 1/2 of my collection...so now I have reason to keep some...THIS being my favorite...

reminds me of the olden days when I used to be OCD about all sorts of things, especially studying...which got me the mug in the first place...but, then again, I guess not much has changed...

except for the fact that I now drink coffee...