Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lysol Queen

it's 2am as i write this so i hope that you will forgive my many spelling and punctuation mistakes as my head it a bit foggy (being as it is oh dark stinkin' early)

It's times like these...these being: that my middle child is puking up whatever is in that teeny tummy of hers about every half hour...that I ponder things about life...I mean, I can't really go to sleep at this point b/c at the moment I drift off I'm sure to hear the awful wretchings that will jerk me from my slumber...I apologize if this is disgusting some of you...it's just life in my book...

I am amazed sometimes looking at my 35.5 years of life...I didn't necessarily picture my life as it is now, but then again, I wouldn't change a thing...it's better than I could have ever imagined...

I'm listening to a book on CD...which i don't really do all that well, being a visual learner rather than auditory...but since the library ONLY has the book on CD and not in a hard copy, I must "suffer" through the monotone interpretation and/or reading of the book:  Five Conversations you MUST have with your Daughter.  Has anyone ever read it? 

It is based upon...guess what?  FIVE conversations...the first being: You are not just the sum of your parts...I listened to the first 7 or so chapters of this "conversation" whilst cleaning the play room this evening...hanging up dress up clothes and putting pretend food into it's proper place...all the while being reminded that they are only young once...

I was convicted of the heavy responsibility we have as parents...as Moms to our daughters to help them not just battle and survive the onslaught of media and world pressures, but to help them thrive...give them tools to climb...it was empowering, scary, worrisome, and inspiring to hear what Vicki  Courtney had to say...often i found myself saying, "preach it lady" and other times thinking, "holy cow, how am I going to guide my 3 girls through this mess of a world?"

but, as I held back Peanut's hair in the wee hours of the morning so that she could give homage to the white bowl in the bathroom, I was reminded again that although it means sacrifice, although I will make mistakes, I DO love these precious gifts that God has given me...and I will keep on...their hearts depend on it...

it's coming up on the 30 minute mark, so I must take my leave, my lysol is at the ready...hope you all slept well!

EDIT:   note to self...do not feed your children milkshakes right before bed along with their breathing treatments...the combination will result in the above mentioned situation...all is well this morning, except that I am running on 3 hours of sleep...