Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is it 2010?

I keep shaking my head realizing that we've landed in the year of TWENTY-TEN!!!  It sounds like it belongs in the beginning of a Star Wars movie...I remember being a really little girl and wondering if Jesus was going to come back before I got to be a Momma...and then, here we are...2010!

I haven't noticed much lately, due to some adverse "sickies" that have invaded my body.  So far, no one else in the clan has contracted said "sickness", but I've spent more time in the bathroom than I care to discuss on a public blog!

My girlies have started back to school and that, my friends, was rather a let down for me...I miss them...a lot!

And yet, I will be honest that I've been struggling lately with the whole parenting thing....the older they get, the more differently I have to parent...and parent them EACH differently!  I've blown it a million times with my eldest...

telling on myself:  she came to me almost in tears the other day asking if I could not speak so sternly to her when I'm disciplining her because instead of concentrating on what she needs to do correctly the next time, she's consumed with the tone of my voice and how it makes it feel like I don't like her...

PUNCH ME IN THE GUT...seriously, I could have doubled over intoa pile and curled up into a fetal position and stayed that way after she told me that...it's heartbreaking...

And then, there's my little munch...who, quite honestly, is going to cause me to approach 40 much faster than I thought possible...I can't stay on top of it...

I wish they came with manuals sometimes and then, other times, I'm glad they don't because I like the surprises and the FUN they come up with all on their own...

So...that's what's been goin' on here in the Italian household...if you have any parenting advice, I'm open to any suggestions/encouragement!!!