Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The countdown has begun

We're going to Florida this year.

We didn't take a vacation last year in order to save up...We knew that with the girls in school this year and not homeschooling, that I'd be missin' them everyday...

I was right...I miss them...

It's been a good experience for them...going to school that is...we've had our share of meltdowns, drama, peer pressure and the like...and if I'm completely honest, it's been really hard trying to wade my way through this whole parenting thing without feeling like a failure.  That is NOT to say that I think my kids are misbehaving (which they do on occasion) all the time or that they are snotty and sassy, and horrible children.. On the contrary, I think God really outdid himself by giving Italian Stallion and I some pretty amazing girls...

It's just on those occasions that SIN takes over in their little hearts and minds, that I am counting to 10 and praying that I'll gain some insight and wisdom REALLY fast in order to handle the situation...

All that said, I am ready for some one on one time again...some family time without the distraction of outside pressures...time to have pure FUN and relaxation all together...

And sooooo....the countdown to Florida has begun...We've saved up in order to be gone for 2 weeks this time and we are ecstatic...Sweetpea hasn't missed ONE day of school yet this year and Peanut has only missed TWO...we are ready for a break from it all...

We are all reading up on Disneyworld and planning our excursions...talking about swimming everyday and going to the beach...the girls already know that Mamarazzi will rear her head and be snapping pictures like crazy!

Just FYI...you may see some more parenting woes here every once in awhile...I hope I communicate in a way that is real and honest and that you see me for who and what I am...I don't ever want to give a perception that  I've figured it out OR that I have it horrible either...I don't want to "control" the perception either, really...I just want to BE and you can take from it what you will...I hope that makes sense...and I'll probably write about "That" as well...in case you were just dying to know what the next installment of "Mamarazzi's thoughts on life" might be!

Have a great day!