Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm supposed to be...

cleaning...

I can't seem to stay on top of it these days...which may be due to the fact that 1) my darling family never seems to remember to put anything back where it came from and 2) I keep getting distracted by everything else BUT keeping things De-cluttered

So far this morning, I've managed to run my 2 miles (which I might add that is the ONE thing that I- glory be- make time for every day...I swear to  you, I WILL look nice in a bathing suit...with a cover up and towel... when we go to Florida!!! 
I love my home and I really do have good intentions of keeping it in order...I do...REALLY!  

However, you wouldn't know that to go look in my closet and see a basket full of dirty towels that have been there since...ummm... yes, well...let's just say that spraying them with febreeze isn't doing the trick...

Why don't you wash them  you ask?   Yes, well...that's the other problem...I am only "allowed" to do 2 loads of laundry a day...and let's just face it...underwear takes priority on towels...wipe yourselves down with paper towels girls, at least you've got panties!!! 

In case you were wondering...we can only do 2 loads of laundry because after running the dishwasher and going through 2 showers and 3 baths...our front septic system can only take so much water before the overflow and stench that would emminate from our front yard would cause our neighbors to...I don't know what they would do, but visions of firey poop bags on our front stoop and nasty anonymous letters keep flying into my head...and who wants firey poop bags on your steps when your front lawn already smells like an overflowed toilet?

Man, this post went downhill fast!!! 

So...again,...I'm supposed to be cleaning...I threatened my girls to clean their rooms because Mommy already has umpteen million things to get accomplished today...I mean heavens to betsy...I've got to write a post on my blog, stare at my bulgy zits in the mirror and contemplate whether to pick at them or not...and then there's the hummus and crackers that are just waiting for me downstairs...not to mention that there are 3 loads of laundry sitting on my bed waiting to be folded, dining room chairs in the living room because I was supposed to start washing the floor but got distracted by an exploding diaper on Little Munchkin...

I did manage to clean out the junk drawer...now the junk is just little baggies instead of spread out all over the drawer...I did this while allowing the girls to watch a movie because,  seriously if they KNEW what I threw out...I'd be stuck on the "worst mom in the world" list for at least a week! We all know that there is a NEED for broken polly pocket legs and what would life be like if we couldn't locate all the dead batteries from the toys in the house?  Sad...that's what...just sad!

And even with that all accomplished...I'm not really any closer to an organized house than I was about 2 days ago!  And, I'm sure you can tell how distraught I am over the whole thing as I sit here typing away and staring out the window listening to some  neighbor's crazy dog barking...

Not very motivated I thinkin'...maybe I should make myself work around the house in my bathing suit...I suppose that would get me scrubbing those floors with some UMPH...yes, but if those pesky neighbors showed up with poop bags...man, they may just gag looking through the window...

Perhaps I should get going on that cleaning and a touch of febreeze for one more day...have a great day!