Friday, January 15, 2010

It's like living with Rainman

Now, please understand that I'm not trying to poke fun at Autism by any means...I haven't seen the movie Rainman in ages...but I always thought it was cute how Dustin Hoffman always repeated everything he said...maybe that's not so cute for someone who has to live with that disorder, but in the movie itself, he was endearing...

So, my 2.5 year old has started talking...goodness sake, she doesn't stop...she is definitely her mother's daughter!!!  But, in her talking, she wants to make sure that you understand everything she says...she'll even put both hands on your cheeks and force you to look at her so that she can repeat what she said again...

Her favorite sayings of late:

"My class is on Thursday Mom...Mom?  My class is on Thursday...Thursday is my class Mom"

She LOVES her little Bible class on...can you guess?  THURSDAY!  And she likes to remind me, pretty much everyday that her class is on Thursday..."Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, THURSDAY...THursday is my class Mom..."

I'm amazed at how fast she is growing up...where did my baby go? 



Just havin' fun with Little Munchkin today...then heading into the school to work in the classrooms...that's what's up in my life today..have a great weekend!