Okay...maybe I'm exaggerating just a weeeee bit...but seriously,
Who can make unique decor using junk from the basement?
Who can create an entire play house world for her daughters out of a cardboard box?
Who can whip up play clothes out of old material and the girls still will WEAR it?
I feel like breaking into song...
"Who can make sun rise...sprinkle it with dew..."
Man, talk about ringing your own bell, blowin' your own horn...
I set off onto another "project" this weekend...my dear Italian husband didn't necessarily see the artistic intelligence that went into my creation...now, granted we had JUST discussed the fact that we were trying to save a lot of extra money this month and next,. just in preparation for our upcoming 2 week vacation...and after said discussion, I went out and BOUGHT a candle (it was ON SALE!!! people...ON SALE!) Yeah, I'm not getting any kudos for that...
Anyway, BECAUSE I went out and purchased a "want" after we had just talked about only getting necessities, probably made it so that he lacked the ability to see the beauty in it all...
But, being the words of affirmation person that I am...I'm blogging about it here to just give myself a little pat on the back:) and I promise I won't go splurging on anything else this month (or at least if I do, I won't expect accolades of praise and adoration!!)
I have just started really enjoying candles...but, am pretty particular about the aroma they send out...I found one at Yankee Candle that I LOVE...it's called Harvest...it's the right amount of cinnamon and spice without the apple pie or cookie baking undertones...Well, who wants a harvest candle in the middle of January? Personally, I love the smell...but don't necessarily want the yellow wax and corn husks pictures blaring out for all to see...
And sooooo, I MacGuyvered my way to a pretty clever cover up that accents into my kitchen quite well...
step one:
cut up one OLD island runner that I made about 2.5 years ago
step two:
raid the girls craft box for elmers glue and cut out junk from the top in order for said glue, to actually come out of the bottle
step three:
cut out a piece of an old file folder and glue the fabric to it
step four:
wrap it around the candle and fasten with paper clips until it dries
step five:
tie some more old fabric around it into a knot just for good measure
Hope you all have a great week...and if you have any MacGuyver stories about yourself that you'd like to share, I'm all for listening to them!!

