Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mom, Mom...Mommmmmyyyyyyy
Mom, Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mommmyyy, Mom, Mom
Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom...
wait for it...
wait for it...
Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mommmmyyyyyy
This, my friends, is what I hear in my house, in what feels like, every moment of my day...
In the bedroom....MOMMMMMMMYYYYY
In the laundry room...Mom!
Talking on the phone with a customer service rep....Mom...I need you NOW!
After just finishing reading books and playing a game with Peanut, I just need to hop into the bathroom for a quick relief session....MOM, Mom, Mom...
I can't seem to make it 5 steps away from my children that they NEED me again...and not for any earth shattering reason...nope...just wanted to call my name to tell me that they:
wantsomethingtoeatneedatreatwantmetochangeherdiaperplayagamereadabookIpinchedmyfingerdoyoulikethecolorblue?
I was able to scientifically answer the call of MOM today when my daughter asked me something about a book she was reading about Whales. Peanut chose some really cool nonfiction books to read about sea animals and she was reading them to me while I was washing pots and pans...and intermixed with her reading aloud, every ohhhh about 45 seconds, she felt the need to say my name, "Mom, look at this picture." "Mom, I think whales are neat""Mom, since we're a family, are we a pod too?"...but, my personal favorite was the question asked in which I was able to use my quick thinking and MOM skills...
"Mom, whales have blubber...what is blubber?"...
"Oh dear one...check this out around Mommy's middle...see this(as I get a solid grip of my leftover baby #3 fat that is hanging overtop of my jeans) this honey, is blubber...keeps me nice and warm!!"
Peanut replies, "MOM, does it jiggle?"
"yes dear....it jiggles"
Peanut again, with a big ole smile, "MOM, I love you!"
I could choose to wallow in the fact that I'm amusing to my children because of my "jiggly"...I could keep lamenting that i think I might actually forget my real name due to the overuse of MOM on a continual basis...
I KNOW there will be a day that I will miss that perpetual sound of "Mom" being called out...and though it jiggles now, it is a reminder of my "war wounds" of carrying my precious cargo for 9 months each...
But for now, I may seriously think about investing in some earplugs from time to time as I continue to curse the day Jillian Michaels entered my house and made me start doing pushups..
EDIT: Amy left this link I think it proves my point:)