...with my DOG!
Now, before you go getting some pretty nasty pictures goin' in your head, please understand that there was no water in the tub and I was fully clothed...
My reasoning for being in the bathtub with the dog was for grooming purposes only...she needed a trim...or a cut...or a shave...but, lord have mercy on me, because He did NOT create me to be a dog groomer...
Mistake #1: do not attempt to shave your dog after you have run 2 miles and are incredibly sweaty...the dog fur will stick to your legs making them even more hairy than they already are during these winter months and it's just pretty disgusting all the way around.
Mistake #2: the bathtub is slippery...trying to make the dog stand or sit in the tub whilst holding an electric shaver will result is sliding...sliding of the dog...sliding of the scissors...sliding of pretty much everything...and slipping around in a tub, with a sweaty body...again, only results in more hair stuck to you...
Mistake #3: don't attempt to be on a time schedule...the girls were due back from the bus stop at 4pm...the bus normally comes that time everyday...so I figured I had enough time to shave the dog, give her a quick bath, and dry her down before the bus came...
the bus came at 3:56...I ran outside with my hairy legs, the dog soaking wet, wrapped in a towel...I can't imagine what the neighbors think...
And to just top it all off...I didn't do that great of a job...as I said, I'm NOT a dog groomer...and I"m sure Macie could give you a ton more reasons why as she nurses a little nip on her underside and stays hidden under the bed for the remainder of the night...
But, I thought I'd share with you my story...and I"m not showing pictures this time...unless you'd like to see the bathtub that looks like I am housing about a million hamsters all sliding down to one end of the bowl...or, you'd like to see the lopsided look for my dog's new do! I'm thinking not...so, just feel sorry for me as I go take my second shower for the day!!
Have a great night!