Friday, January 22, 2010

Woman Versus Weather

I wish I could admit that I was some big outdoorsy type woman...the lover of the outdoors, just me and nature, that I could brave the weather: rain or shine, cold or hot...

NOPE...it's just not me...

I DO love being outside: when the temperature is a fair mid 70 degrees, slight breeze, with a glass of ice cold water to sip on...no mosquitos or bugs of any kind...

I also love being outside in the fall time, when I have access to warm jackets and roaring bonfire...fully equipped with smores mind you!

However, cold weather is just not my idea of a good time...Sure, I love to get out there and make snowmen with my girls during the first snow and I'll be the first to slide down the hills for sledding...but ask me to brave that weather for more than an hour or just take a walk for "fun"...I"m going to turn to you down flat!  I'd rather be inside with a piping hot cup of white chocolate mocha than trying to get circulation to my toes...

Fortunately, I haven't passed on these negative feelings toward "winter" to my girls...as my youngest decided today that it would be fun to go outside sans coat and play in whatever snow was left on the ground...with boots on the wrong feet and big ole smile...Little Munchkin was having the time of her life...

Well...for the 15 minutes that her mother allowed her before she was ushered inside with a bribe of cookies or candy or wahtever it took to get her IN THE DOOR!!!