I never thought I’d be the type of girl to HAVE a red wall in her house…you see, I always envision “those” women as confident, daring, and stylish…and since I don’t tend to exemplify those qualities all that much, I am quite amazed that: I HAVE A RED WALL in my house…
I know it sounds trivial…perhaps just plain dumb…come on girl, it’s a wall…so, it happens to be red…so what?
Yeah, I know…it’s just a wall…but, (and please bare with my “deeper meaning” here) to me it also shows me that God’s doin’ a work in me…funny how He teaches me…I’m SUCH a visual learner!
I’m not the most confident of people…I know that I come off that way to some…but it’s mostly because I’m one of those people who “talks their way to a conclusion”…the type that says what they WANT to believe, even though they “may not” believe it just yet…if you know me well enough, you know that you have to stick around awhile to actually GET what I’m saying…it takes me awhile to get to the POINT (thus my endless blogs!) But, I’m learning to KNOW what the truth is and MAKE myself hang on to, regardless of the other voices that tell me otherwise.
I’m not the most daring of people…I’m more cautious and want to know what’s ahead before I take the next step…but God has allowed me some baby steps along the way here and I am learning to let it go (thus Little Munchkin going down the MASSIVE slide with her hands up in the air…ALONE)
And I’m NOT stylish…yeah, this is the area where He’s not focusing all that much attention…I still have clothes from high school and college in my closet. Oh I long for the days when my roommate would say to me, “So, can I iron that for you before you go out in public?” I just don’t always “put it together” right either…but, c’est la vie.
So…I have a red wall…what does that tell me? It tells me that God is making me focus more on what HE thinks rather than what I think…so I’m free to be ME! I’m such a “comparison” freak! And I’m ALWAYS on the loosing end…He’s been trying to teach me this for so long, but, frankly, I just tune it out! Not as thin as, not as pretty as, not as intelligent as, on and on and on…
But, today…I painted my whole wall red! It’s a cool reminder…or a “hot” reminder (as red is more of a warmer color)
And, I think I may just blow up THIS picture that I took that is another “visual” reminder for me as a mom! And I might just hang it there on my RED WALL!
Enjoy!