Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Blog where I just blah, blah, blah my way to some sort of conclusion...and some other stuff...

My brother and his family came to visit this weekend...
They brought the whole crew of course...we had such a good time...didn't really go anywhere, just kinda hung out and I took a bunch of pictures...of which I thought I'd share, because, well, it's my blog and since I'm crazy about photography, I want to share some of the good shots that I get (mind you, "good" shots are a dime a dozen...I took over 100 pictures in a 24 hour period of time...about 12 turned out...I'll share a few)
Next, I've been obsessing again...it seems like I choose one thing to obsess about every once in awhile...this weekend it was "high fructose corn syrup"...what in the world? I've changed our bread, jam, crackers, cereal, (can't give up pop yet)...but goodness, it's in a lot of stuff...I love that commercial where the 2 people are sitting down to eat something and one says, "you're not gonna eat that are you? Don't you know it has high fructose corn syrup in it? You know what they say about that?" and the other person spouts off some thing about moderation and it's all okay...yeah, well, I'm all for moderation, but for heaven's sake, it's in EVERYTHING...how I can be moderate, if it's IN everything I eat...and regular stuff like bread, cereal, crackers...

Anyway, I'm trying to get a reality check, because I'm NOT going all organic and I'm not taking popcicles and ice cream away from the kiddos and start feeding them twigs and bark...but I am trying to be healthy, for my kids sake...we do a lot of talking about healthy choices...I"m not worried about their weight (they are skinny as rails) but, I worry about the health of their hearts and other organs in the future...

Okay, next on my list of blah blah blah...my husband got me a digital frame for mother's day (only $34, regularly $145...I was impressed!) If you know me, you know I love pictures...every picture in my house is of something I have taken...this is what leads me to my dilemma. That same awesome husband shared with me his ideas for our anniversary this year and I just can't doggone decide...here are my 4 choices:
1- JEWELRY: again, ifyou know me, I don't wear a ton of jewelry...I wear my wedding bands, a solid gold band he bought me on our cruise and my watch...I just started wearing earrings again (I own 2 pair) after a 6 year hiatus. BUT, I am starting to like it...I like things that stand the test of time...that I can pass down to my girls some day...so this has some value to it...
2- a new NIKON D90: I flipped out on this one...Italian Stallion has bought me 2 of my 3 SLR cameras since we've been together...they are used almost daily. However, I think I am going away from this option, because I want them to get the kinks out before I purchase a new one and I haven't necessarily "outgrown" my D70 just yet.
3- MERA KOH PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP PLUS AIRFARE: I totally flipped on this one...Me Ra Koh is a photographer, a high end one, celebrities, etc...I visit her blog often, because she is really good at explaining camera stuff to women and especially moms. However, this is an EXPENSIVE workshop...the plus side is that I've looked for photography classes before, but none of them teach the way I learn, nor really teach what I want to know...she would...UGH, it's just so hard...
4- an AMISH HUTCH to match our other amish furniture in the kitchen/dining area, especially against our newly painted red wall!!! I love this idea too...I've always wanted a hutch (more places to put picture frames) and to display my grandmother's crystal and our china (which is now ever so lovely packed back in a cupboard somewhere where I can't reach them)

I've already listed out pros and cons to each of these, so I won't bore you with MORE of my reasons why or why not to go with each of these ideas...although I will say that my husband is just the most thoughtful...oh my goodness, he is just my bestest friend in the world and I sometimes can't understand how I got so lucky!

Okay...so I think I'll just end now because my eyes are tired and if yours aren't BLEEDING at this point out of the pure insanity of this post, then you probably just "skimmed" it...have a great day!!!